7/07/2005

Terrorism

What is this world coming to? Waking up and turning on the news channel is not that great anymore. Not for me anyway. How do people hear all of this going on with the world and not feel overwhelmed with hopelessness and 'why why why'

I feel so bad for the people of London.. I mean holy cats, you are on the subway, or on a double decker bus, probably going to work for the day.. and whammo -- some extremist group somewhere trying to make their point blows you up.... what the heck is that? My prayers are with you.

Is there not any other way to get a point across, short of making sure some humans that share your planet with you are murdered? Is the world living with a fear in the back of their minds a GOOD thing to you people? I mean, holy crap. I know I have my issues, anyone who knows me knows the same, but how the heck do people rationalize killing other people for no other reason than to make a point, or to strike fear? I don't get it.

I also don't know what the correct balance is. Sometimes I think that I need to never ever watch the news again, and be ignorant to anything going on, because I get upset and have so many feelings about what I do hear and see is going on in the world. But, I can't seem to do that, because I don't want to be ignorant, or ignore things going on around me. But how do people continue to go on, day after day, when all that seems to be on the news is bad news, about people with evil in their hearts and minds... child abduction and abuses... terrorism... murder... corporate corruption.... war agreed to and allowed -- on a preface that we had facts.. when really we had lies, fabrications, and exaggerations... I don't know.. I am not a church going person, but I imagine (and the hubby even brought it up) that in these times, many Christian groups have to be thinking that the end times are coming.... geesh.... I know, I know.. I need to chill, and calm down, and focus on the positive......... I wish it was as easy as saying those words...
Take care everyone who might be reading this

Angel Chasse (again)

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Dear Angel,

I feel just like you do. I am a psychologist and though I write and research and teach, things like terrorism and evil and sadness swallow me whole. I often write and it helps me understand things. Check out my blog. I just posted some psychological perspectives on terrorism and what we can do to help ourselves heal. I also have a piece on news media and how fear is regretably woven into newscasts. Anyway, peace to you and yours.

http://drdeborahserani.blogspot.com

Deborah

Cindy said...

I hear you Angel, and I'm feeling the same way. It's definitely been a stressful day.

Dr. Deb said...

Angel,

If you feel the link can be helpful-- that would be wonderful. So glad you found some of the postings helpful. Take care and be well.

~Deborah

Lu said...

the whole thing just scares me...i worry about the world that my children are going to have to live in....