7/02/2005

Deb is in heaven now....

My mom just called. Her best friend Deb passed away.

I am happy for Deb, cuz I know she was in a lot of pain, and very sick.

I feel sad for my mom, not only did she lose her best friend, but she also didn't get the phone message saying she passed away Friday June 24th, and so she didn't go to the funeral that was Monday, the 27th. I think it would have been good for my mom to get to say goodbye. I guess it's good in a way though, cuz my mom (like me) is very emotional, and it might have broken her heart to be there. Deb was looking down I am sure, and laughing it up about how my mom hates that cell phone "necessary evil" to her. Well, this "death watch" is over now, and though my mom missed the ceremony putting Deb to rest. I think that Deb understands. Maybe it is better this way anyway. Tears take a lot out of you.

This Wednesday my mom and dad went to a funeral. One of my dad's cousin's kids. He was 36 years old. Just dropped down to the floor with a massive heart attack. Reminds me that life is fragile, and no tomorrow is guaranteed. My mom said the worst thing ever was watching those two parents lay their child to rest before them. My mom " I just want to let you know, that we went to that funeral, and none of you guys (her kids) are allowed to die before me... I won't have it " --- see there, horrible thing to think about, but like my mom and I do, she tried to get her point across with laughter ;) -- So, I guess it is official. My mom's kids "are not allowed to die without permission" - LOL -- See, I am a freak. I can find humor in this situation, with my mom's help, but can't seem to cheer up from the littlest things sometimes. Anyway, I should prolly end this post now, and go do something constructive.. but if anyone out there is reading this, and if you pray, or anything like that, my Mom could use a few kind wishes. Thanks

Angel Chasse (again)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Angel,
I'm sorry that you had bad news, and I'm really sorry that your mom missed the funeral.
She did get to see Deb and I think you're mom will get comfort from that.
Praying for your mom to have some peace.