7/11/2005

Sunburned...again

I am not a sun lover. I am not a summer lover. I am a fall/winter girl.. I always look at it this way... It is easier for me to warm up with a blankie or hot drink than it is for me to cool down. There are only so many clothes that you can take off. Now, I am a big girl, to say the least, and I hate wearing shorts in public. I just do. This summer though, I have been wearing them a ton, cuz the A/C that we have in our house isn't powerful enough for the whole place, so it is always somewhat warm in here on the hot hot days *which have been many* -- so I threw " I look like a beached whale in shorts" aside, and have been wearing them all summer :)

Yesterday went to a car show with my mom.. I won't get into it much, other than to say that my mom's little truck won first in it's class, and I am badly sunburned. Jim told me.. that this would happen. But honestly, we would move into the shade whenever the shade moved, we moved.. but... towards the end of our day outside, there was no more shade.. so... not much sleep last night for me. I hate that. I need a lot of sleep. I just do. So for me getting like 2 hrs is like not having slept at all.. I have full faith that my very normal capable amazing husband can do life on 2 hrs sleep, but I can't. And I am sore... so I wanted to update my blog, and then I am going back to the chair that I have been in all day.

Our landlord came to put down some spray today for spiders and bugs in general, so the cat is locked in the bedroom, where the A/C is.. and will be that way for another hour.. but it is making the rest of the apartment hotter than usual. Plus, I am radiating a lot of heat myself, so that does not help much ;) " Is it me, or is it hot in here??" LOL

I am going to buy some Mary Kay lip gloss. Now, I am the least girly person anyone has probably ever met... but, I have convinced myself (I think) that if I do little things to dress up more, or feel "pretty" or what ever, that I wll feel good about myself. I don't know that it will work, and I don't like that there is shoping and buying things involved in it.. but we will see.. I can not wait til winter is here... We don't have a bathtub in this apt.. shower only, but my mom has a house with 3 bathrooms now, that means 3 tubs... and I will be taking baths over there, I have warned her of this already :) -- I love my mom, and I really love spending all the time with her that I have been spending.. but it doesn't make up for the fact that Jim has gone back to work, and I miss him a LOT when he is gone... don't know why I can't just get over that one.. but it is prolly cuz before when he worked full time, so did I.. so I didn't have as much time to miss him.... anyway this is getting long and rambly now, so I am going to go and find a movie or a show to watch :)

PS - My mom gave me a copy of tim mcgraw's "live like you were dying" cd. I like a lot of the songs on it. One thing I didn't know though, was that he doesn't write his own music.. that kind of bummed me out, but I still think he is a good singer I guess :)

Angel Chasse (again)

2 comments:

Lu said...

wow we are so much alike...i hate the heat...hate shorts...and i am SOOOO not a girly girl... :)

Cindy said...

Angel,
It's been pretty hot here too. I don't wear shorts because my braces and white tube socks just look to stupid to go out in public. When I only had to wear one brace it didn't bother me so much, but with two it just seems hideous.