7/02/2005

Happy Fourth Of July

I have always loved this song. I am not sure how to make it play on this blog, so I will have to settle for just posting the words. I hope that everyone reading this has a great 4th of July weekend, safe, and with friends and family. I just signed a note to our troops at http://americasupportsyou.mil -- If you have a moment, please go there and let the troops know we are all thinking of them as we give thanks for our freedom. Most anyone who knows me knows that I don't support GW Bush's lying to us about his reasons for this war, and I wish that all of our servicemen and women were home. But not supporting this president is NOT the same as not supporting our troops. I support them 110%, and I wish each and every one of them a safe return home to their friends and family. Thank you armed forces of America. I for one, sincerely appreciate the work you do. America's freedome is not free. Thanks again for all of the work you do!!!!!!!!!!
Here's that song... enjoy!

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I’d worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,
From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there’s pride in every American heart,
and it’s time to stand and say:

I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.
God Bless The U.S.A.

Words and Music by Lee Greenwood© Copyright 1984 by MUSIC CORPORATION OF AMERICA, INC. & SONGS OF POLYGRAM INTERNATIONAL, INC.All Rights Controlled and Administered by MUSIC CORPORATION OF AMERICA, INC.International Copyright Secured All Rights Reserved


Angel Chasse (again)

1 comment:

dixiedarling said...

Found you through a comment you left on Rosie's blog. Supporting your troops is the best thing anyone can do. My son spent the last two years of his life in Iraq and is now home forever changed. I have gone to the site you mentioned and left messages as well. Thank you for putting it out there to remind everyone that they still should continue to support the troops whether they believe in the war or not. The song, is perfect in my book. One of my favorites makes me cry everytime I hear it. Thanks again for supporting our troops.