5/02/2005

To Rosie.. And Everyone...

Valuable....

I watched Rosie's movie "Riding The Bus With My Sister" last night..... some thoughts... I loved the movie, I think it touched on every part of my heart. Good Job Rosie.. I think you made Beth real, and believable, and "care aboutable" :)
But, got me thinking about a lot.. some of it was like this...
What makes someone Valuable?
Their IQ score?
Their education level?
The amount of money they have?
The JOB they have?
What level of conversation they can have with you?
The amount of tact they have?
How "appropriate" they are?
Their home, where it is and how they keep it?
Their circle of friends?

See, the way *I* see it? People are people, and all deserving of love, respect, and at the very least, for me to be kind to them. We all are on different levels of all of the above. We ALL need to understand that, and take it to heart the next time we catch ourselves looking DOWN on someone...

I wasn't going to post this, but I changed my mind...
Would you ride the bus with ME?
If you knew I was getting disability benefits from the state for a mental condition?
If you knew I didn't have a job?
If you knew that I tried to kill myself several times?
If you knew that I have a husband, but once had a lover that was female?
If you knew that I panic in Wal-Mart if there are too many people there?
If you knew that I avoid as many public situations as possible?
If you knew I wanted to help the world is some way, but am too scared to do so?
If you knew I failed out of college the first semester?
If you knew I was poor?
If you saw the tiny bumps all over my body?
If you saw that I was obese?
If you saw that one of my eyes wander?

I am sure if you are being completely honest, that some of you wouldn't want to ride the bus with me, knowing those things, but you know what? My husband, and some of my good friends, know ALL of those things about me, and they still "ride the bus with me" every day :) so.... I think I have it pretty good.

Thanks for the movie Rosie (and the tears too)

Angel Chasse (again)

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Bless your heart Angel. I would ride with you too, providing I could get on the bus. I'm handicapped, wear braces on both feet and walk with a cane.
My income is low, retired with a disability.
I never like to go anywhere when there might be a crowd, only because I'm afraid that someone will knock me over and I won't be able to get back up.
So yes, dear Angel I would ride with you.

Sandy said...

Angel...found your blog through Rosie's comments, and have spent the last while reading. Thanks for this honest post - good questions. I'd ride with you for sure.

Cindy said...

Hi again Angel,
I saw Rosie's comment on here! Good for you. She visits lots of sites.
No big plans tonight. My son is at his Civil Air Patrol meeting tonight so I'm home alone.
Hope Jim's mom is feeling better soon.

lightfeather said...

You know what? I would be honored to ride the bus with you. I am a firm believer that we all have challenges of one sort or the other..some of them more *hidden*. We should all feel honored to ride this bus of life connected to one another. There is only love.

Anonymous said...

Hi...

I saw your link on Rosie's blog and hit enter and here I am. I read your post from today. I hope you are proud of the courage you showed by sharing what you stated.
I would ride the bus with you in a heartbeat. I hope your "ride" in life is low on bumps, but that you experience the thrill...of riding with the top down.

Shalom,
Sarah

Kelly said...

Hey Angel,
There are quite a few good broadway shows on DVD...just depends on your preference and the fact that most of them are movies - they don't have the magic you would see on stage. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Chicago was excellent, Phantom of the Opera comes out tomorrow, all the old ones Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret and so on...also the reason behind this comment is to say that they are currently filming a movie version of RENT - should be AWESOME... :-) And, I too would ride the bus with you.

Kelly said...

Hey again,
Yeah I agree 100% children are our future, we have to mold them to the best of our ability. I really sorry to hear about ur inability to have children-but you know God works in mysterious ways and if you have the will you will find the way...btw, check out the musical "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" that's my newest fav...it's hilarious and fun fun :-) Take care

Mauren Mureaux said...

{{{Angel}}

Your bus is getting full...i'll ride too!! Weeeeee!!

~Suz~

Anonymous said...

YEP I would. ;O)

Becky said...

Geez Angel,
Pretty soon we will need a bigger bus.

Becky