4/30/2005

Boring, but some quotes that I like

Here are some quotes that I like to look at.. and think about.. I know this doesn't really make for tantilizing reading, but hey, I like em :)

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain

The world is full of evil, not because of those who do it, but because of those who look on and do nothing. (start asking yourself, what can *I* do?)

We could all take a lesson from crayons: Some are sharp, some are beautiful, some have weird names, all are different colors; but they all have to learn to live in the same box. (I really love this one)

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
--Leo Buscaglia

Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence
--Vince Lombardi

She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others She does not care to be herself.
--Anais Nin (could have been written about me)

My religion is simple, my religion is kindness. --Dalai Llama

You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything - even poverty - you can survive it.
--Bill Cosby


And, because I *do* like to laugh...

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
--Drew Carey

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
--Robert A. Heinlein


Finally...

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one.
--John Lennon

No comments: