5/18/2005

Just me rambling

I have no idea what to talk about. Not a lot going on here. Jim's out of school til fall, and we are getting ready to move. I hate moving. I like clearing out old junk we don't use anymore though :)

Got a parking ticket today while we were in talking to the "lady at the post office"

Ahhh, there's something I can write a bit about......

So last Friday, we took a load of boxes to Sioux City, and put them in the new apartment. It's easier for us this way as there is no Uhaul cost, and it's not so overwhelming to move like 1/3 at a time. So while we were there, we got a new post office box established (We like getting our mail there, safer) - anyway, the lady there asked if we were already in Sioux City. We told her no, we were going to receive mail in Sioux Falls (where I am now) until the 29th and then from that day forward, please forward mail from here to there... all seemed to be ok.
Forward to yesterday.. I go to check our mail here, and my key does not fit in the lock of our box... I was sure that we had just put the 2 new keys on my keyring. So sure, in fact, that I came home, told Jimbo that my key didn't work, he proceded to tell me I must have been checking the wrong box (lol@ me.. that could have been it) --So, I go back, and go up to the window and tell them my key is not working....
Angel: This is going to sound really dumb, but my key is not working in my box....
USPS Worker: Did you forget to pay your bill, (small laugh)
Angel: Nope, we are paid up until the end of June
USPS Worker: What is your box # - I will take a look...
Angel: 665 - do you need my ID (puts ID on counter
USPS Worker: Nope, I'll be right back
USPS Worker: Well, here is the card, saying you just rented this box Monday.....
Angel: I have had this box for over 3 years, and that isnt my name there....
USPS Worker: blahblahblah -- I cant keep writing this way, cuz I might misquote her..
LOL
but basically she told me 2 more times that my signature was on that paper - I pointed to my ID proving I was not that person.. then she goes to the computer (in a huff now) and procedes to tell me that they got a forwarding request from "someone" telling them to close this box, and that they had resold it to someone else that very day... I explain to her that we are moving.. but not until the 29th, and try to remain calm as she asks me if my husband might have closed the box without my knowing.. LOL - Ok, NOPE .. but I guess she wasn't listening to what I had just said.. so then she gives me the name of the guy who "runs the boxes area" and says that he is "the only one here who can help me" - tells me that he works from 4am to noon only, and I ask -- well, how am I going to get my mail for the next 13 days? She replies, I'm not sure, you'll have to ask Al (man who runs the boxes area) when you call him... and for one last zinger, repeats again that he only works from 4am to noon, so make sure I am up early enough to call him...... ***Side note here, thanks lady, for assuming that I would not get up before NOON to call someone****

Ok... so that is the lame story.. but here is my point. Why didn't she ever acknowledge that there COULD have been a problem on their end? Why didn't she ever say "I'm sorry that this has happened" - she did everything that she could to pin this problem on me. Now, it's sooooo NOT a huge deal... have me pick up our mail at the window - have all of it forwarded and waiting for me when I get there... I am not really freaking out about the actual mail.. but at the way that this lady treated the situation... THREE times she told me I signed the paper she put in front of me on the counter ..... and that was a male name, and it was not ME hello... and, when I asked if she could call the lady (at the USPS, same place she works for) and ask her what had went wrong, she said no. I have worked in customer service pretty solid since 1997, and I wasn't aware that "pin it on the customer at all costs and never admit a mistake" was part of the USPS or any other company's training policy... anyway... this has become a rant now, but GEESH, a simple... I'm sorry, and here's what we are going to do about it.. would have been GREAT! Phenomenal in fact!!!! -- On another note, when I called the post office in Sioux City where I am moving to, THEY apologized for the mistake, even though they really didnt make one... and they reassured me that they would hold all of my mail... REASSURED ... very nice... THANK YOU POST OFFICE # 2

When did treating a paying customer with even the least bit of respect become and exception, and not the rule? I am taking it out on the USPS because they are the most recent, but they are not the only ones who have treated me this way lately.. And, I do have to say that I am NOT an angry customer, it is not like I put people on the defensive.... I really mean that, I am usually as passive as they come.. to a fault really... URGH

Ok, off for some laughs with Kevin James and Leah Remini on King of Queens...
Enough complaining for today...

Angel Chasse (again)

2 comments:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh Angel, that lady was flat out wrong. No customer service skills whatsoever.

I promise not to send anything good in the mail until you get to PO Box location #2. LOL ;)

~Suz~

Cindy said...

I probably would have gone over the counter after the rude one. Nobody messes with my mail. Even if it is just bills. You should report the rude one to her supervisors, she should not be working with the public.