6/27/2005

Tom Cruise

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/


Check out that site. Today Show interview between Tom Cruise and Matt Lauer... Ok, I am trying to find a site that has that interview all typed up nicely, cuz I would like to paste it here at my blog, so I don't misquote, and can show you the exact things that were said (by Tom) - He said... Psychiatry is a Pseudo-Science .... that "he has researched the subject" and that "he knows, and Matt doesn't" -- well. I thought that Tommy boy had kind of changed, had really "come out of his shell" or something now that he is dating Katie Holmes. I was happy for him. I like it when others are happy (LOL Tom said that in the interview too) -- but holy crap. He's an actor. I know he has opinions, but wow, I thought him very rude to Matt Lauer - what I got out of it was Matt was saying.. "Tom, is it for you to say that the entire of psychiatry is made up and useless, if it helps someone else be happier, why can't that be good enough for you" -- It was weird to me, because he is a scientologist. He also said that you can be a christian, and be a scientologist as well. I guess I need to do my research on scientology, but heck, I think that he treated Matt very rudely, and I expected better manners from him. I am not sure what is up with him lately. It is not that I want to have movie stars with no opinions, and no strong ones, I love love love love Rosie O'donnell, and she has VERY strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them. I am all for using your "fame" to champion a cause and get a lot done as just one person with that cause, but holy heck, Tom, why did you have to be so rude. Have you been restraining yourself for many years, and now you just opened up the floodgates, or what? That is a pretty big leap, saying psychiatry is not a science and that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance. I guess there is nothing going on up in my head... lol -- Well, that is enough ranting about that. I DO want Tom Cruise to be happy in his life... I DO NOT want him to share his opinions by being rude, and condescending to others, and I DONT believe he could possibly know enough about Psychiatry (med school? Residency? etc) to know that is is a quack science..... ------- psych drugs wrong for a LOT of the population that is taking them? I bet you are right... but not necessary for ANYONE..... Might want to rethink that point.... whew.... More in a moment, need some ice water, its hot in here :):)

Angel Chasse (again)

No comments: