6/20/2005

Painting, the weekend really

Saturday Jim and I painted a room in my mom's basement. Seems easy, and really it was, but I am still sore in my hand and my neck. Wuss. I am a big wuss. Anyway, I never rolled on primer before. I didn't know that the sheetrock and wall essentially could suck up that much primer. I guess I have only painted a few times before and it was on walls that had already been primed and painted before. So we went through a lot of primer, and then 2 coats of paint, and the room still doesn't really look great. I did my best, and that is all I can do. I would really have liked it to look professional though! So we painted, and then my dad decided on a whim pretty much to rent a sod cutter to cut up the sod of their front yard, and Jim went outside in the hot and helped him roll up all the sod and get it ready to go in the dumptruck. My brother's roommate's little 2 year old came over and my mom watched her overnight. She is very cute. She doesn't talk very much on her own, but she will repeat anything you say, and when she saw my brother's picture on the wall, she went nuts.
"Sammy, Sammy, Sammy" ( I take it that she likes my lil bro :) ) So then my mom grilled us T-Bone steaks, and that was great. We sat out on their deck and enjoyed the evening. There was a nice cool breeze so I loved that :) -- then we went home all sore and dirty, and went back over there on Sunday for Father's Day. My dad, Jim, Sam, and Sarah's boyfriend Larry all went to the pool hall, so my Dad prolly had a pretty good day that way :) -- Other than that, still sore from all the painting. Again, I say, I am the world's biggest wimp!!!!!! And it is only 11:30 and it is already hottttt - so someone can take this heat off of my hands ;)

Angel Chasse (again)

2 comments:

pawzz said...

rotf!...I remember when I "volunteered" to paint a room....never again!...your right about the primer though & dont forget that while your watching the purimer get sucked in...youre also inhaling the fumes!...well that COULD be a happy lil bubble on a cruddy job!
~Toni =^..^=

Lu said...

don't send the heat my way...it is HOT ENOUGH here...ugh