3/06/2006

Why? Why? Why?

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Why do some people cling to and need religion and to be a part of a church, and others do fine without it, or with worshiping in their own private way?

Why do really good things happen to people that don't work for them, and then nothing happens, or bad things happen to people who work hard and live right?

Why do some people insist on pushing their ideas/values/morals/beliefs/expectations on you when you do not do the same thing to them?

Why does the world produce significantly more food than is needed to feed all humans, but we have starving people even here in the US.. one of the world's richest coutries?

Why is religion so fanatical? I mean, people really take it to extremes...

Why can't I decide with 100% certainty what I believe in. I am 27 years old!!!!

Why is mental illness called an illness if it does not make you ill, and if many folks think you should "walk it off" or "just get over it" - why don't they just call it the "you're lazy, emotional, weak, and incorrigible?

Why should I have the right to tell another woman what is right for her circumstances, what is right for her body, and why should I tell her to keep a baby that she doesn't want?

Politically charged, biased, controversial, whatever you think it is.. some questions that I had...

And... why don't people who do good things, and who are good people with good hearts prosper... yet others do..... urgh

Enough for this evening, I'm sure...

Angel Chasse (again)
PS. I saw "Walk The Line" -- I liked it -- it is the only oscar nominated film I saw :) Way to go Reese Witherspoon, congrats on the Oscar!

3 comments:

Lu said...

wow angel..i totally understand your questions here...

i have found myself asking these same types of questions...

i was raised to be 'religious' (my father has been a preacher for almost 40 years)...and the older i get the more things i am questioning...

a few semesters ago one of my instructors told me that a person must mature in 3 different ways...physically, emotionally, and spiritually...

she told me that until you question why you believe what you have been taught to believe...then you are never spiritually mature...

those words echoed in my mind for weeks and i finally asked her about it...

she told me that i needed to ask myself if my beliefs were my own...or if they were just what i was always told...she said questioning them was a good thing...and that i would either embrace them as MY OWN...or i would keep searching...

it was the best advice i had had in years!

(sorry...i wrote a book here...) ;)

Angel Chasse said...

Lu,
Thanks for responding :)
I think that I am at a loss because no one has ever really pushed me to believed one thing or another, and to take the bible literally, word for word these days doesn't seem right. It seems to me that it was a great book in it's time, and now is more to show us how to live, and more of a story book.. because to follow it word for word ... well it seems that there would be a lot more people killed in this world... lol -- but anyway. I want to believe, but I have to know what I do believe.. so much for faith ... lol - I guess I am the little kid in the back shouting, BUT WHY, BUT WHY :)
*hugs*
Keep bloggin! I enjoy reading ya :)
Angel Chasse (again)

Dr. Deb said...

I think many people don't really know how to think Out of The Box.