5/13/2006

Vegas.....

Saturday 10:04 PM 5-13-06

I'm back from vegas :)

I had a great time. I missed Jimbo like crazy, but I had a great time as well.

I walked a TON. This is a great city for exercise!! I even have swollen feet with weird red what looks like rash on them. Jim says the walking was too much for my feet, so they got blood trapped under the skin. Who knows, it doesnt hurt anymore, and it doesn't itch. So we will wait and see if my feet fall off (just kidding)

Vegas is great. We went to the strip, I rode the rides (2 of them) at the stratosphere. That was a THRILLLLLL -- seeing the strip from the viewpoint of dangling over the stratosphere tower was GRAND!!! If you click on the name of this post, it will take you to the site with the videos of the rides :):)

Vegas seems to be very accessible. My dad had to rent a motorized scooter, as he broke his leg/ankle 2 weeks before the trip. (think, hoverround, or rascal) - There were not that many places that he could not get to. I was surprised. :) I hope that he never needs to BUY one of those things or use it daily, but I was glad to know he could still get around.

We didn't make it to the grand canyon. The glass walkout they are building is still under construction. My dad was really looking forward to that, so I am glad that we called ahead and didn't just drive the 5 hrs and get him disappointed.

We listened to a resort timeshare presentation to get free tickets for American Superstars at Stratosphere, they had impersonators of Elvis, Michael Jackson, Tim McGraw,Britney Spears, and Christina Aguliera. It was a great show, and after that I got pictures of Vegas at night, and rode those thrill rides... great great great.

We saw the lions at MGM Grand, and the fountains at Bellagio, and Sigfried and Roy's White Tiger. We saw the shops and fountains at Caesar's Palace. We ate at the Rio (huge buffet) - we toured Circus Circus... (side note, the lady who guesses your weight at the carnival... guessed my dad's age, and lost... she guessed him as 44 and he is 54...... we may never hear the end of "how young he looks" LOL LOL )

We went one evening late to Freemont street (old las vegas, not the strip, downtown) we saw the overhead laser light show, and saw a street performer too. He was painted (yup painted) metalic silver, all over, and moved like a robot. I have a picture of me with him... I was busy buying a soda and wondering what everyone was looking at. I didn't think he was a person, just a robot. Very funny for me to find that he is indeed a man. Very cool.

In Vegas I saw my first of a couple of things. I saw my first prostitution transaction... (as in, girl is walking down street and back several times, then girl leans into guy's window, girl gets into his car, and drives away) very sad that one. I guess I can not be 100% positive that was what was going on, but all signs point to YUP. I sat in my first bumper to bumper rush hour where you could have shut off your car for a bit, and not moved anywhere anyway... driving there takes more assertive driving skills than I have.. .for sure..


I took lots of pictures. I hope to add some to here or Flickr soon.

I did gamble a grand total of about 15 dollars, but I got 10 free drinks from being at the machine for so long, so in my mind, it evened out :) -- A gambler I am not. I guess it is a good thing though :) :)

Plenty of time was spent at the resort pool as well, so that was a good time. I even remembered to put on the sunscreen, and only got a slight sunburn on my lower arms. That is a great accomplishment for pasty white me :) :)

Ok, enough for now, more with pictures later :)

Angel Chasse (again)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun! But I am especially glad that you are BACK! :)

Dr. Deb said...

I've never been to Vegas. Sounds like you had a really great time!

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the pictures! ;)

Cindy said...

Glad you had fun and welcome back!