7/05/2008

4th Of July :-)

This year we spent the 4th of July with my parents, at their house.

The day was laid back and relaxing. My sister and niece were able to make it, so that was a welcome surprise :) My niece is just shy of 3 years old and my has she grown! She used to take quite a while to warm up to us when she came to visit and it was great to see that that was not the case this time!! :)

The boys (Jim and my dad) made a contraption to explode a fire cracker and that in turn would blow a can off of the top of the little tube they were using. Sounds simple (and scary) enough, but it made for hours and hours of fun for all of us! Who knew blowing a can off of a tube could be so captivating?

We had a great time and ate too much for the diet.. but I guess that is the way it goes at holidays... We also got to discuss a little bit of an itenerary for our Florida trip at the end of August, so that was fun, and got us even more excited to be going.

A great time was had by all, and I hope that any one reading this now had a great 4th of July as well!!

No comments: