11/16/2005

First Snow

11/16/2005 Tuesday

Hey,
It snowed yesterday, all day. Flurries, and not much of it is actually on the ground, cuz the ground was warm, so it melted and now is a bit slick outside (so I have heard, I have not been out today) It's COLD outside though. When we got up this morning it was 50 degrees in our apartment.. We live in an apartment within a house, an old house, and the heater is the same heater for the whole house. One major room of our apt is storage, and kitty box, and computer and desk... well.. it's a 3 season porch... soooooo... we are supposed to not use it in the winter.. but if we don't, major space loss, and major having to put the kitty box in the bedroom *where we sleep ick* or in the kitchen *ick* or in the living room *ICK ICK* so anyway, I think that the plastic Sam and Jim put up will help some, but we still have to run a space heater in our "heat paid by landlord" apartment.. URGH - just when our electric bill was under control, no more A/C 24 hours a day... urgh... anyway, I am thankful we have a place to live, and that it is as warm as it is. I know many have less. I am also thankful for my husband, and my mom and dad and brother, and my friends... I don't have many of them (friends) but the ones that I do have are really great, and they mean a lot to me... and if anyone who happens to read this has any spare good vibes.. Jimbo could use them - he's finishing up his research paper and the professor made him narrow it down so much that he is less than thrilled... anyway.... First snow, first snow :):)

Angel Chasse (again)

2 comments:

Lu said...

ugh..i reall don't like snow...it was 27 degrees here this morning...we haven't had any snow yet...but it will be here soon enough...

good luck to jim...i never have that problem of having to narrow my papers down....i usually have the problem of having to add more stuff to it...oh the joys of school...

Dr. Deb said...

Oh, wow. Congrats on the first snow! I love when that first snow falls too.

~Deb