9/26/2005

Algebra Algebra

I don't have a lot to say, but I did want to gloat a bit for myself. I did algebra problems along with Jim last night, and got a lot of them right. Now, its elementary algebra, but for me, I am pretty impressed, cuz the last time I did algebra was probably in 1996. I am not a fan of math, simply because it does not come naturally to me, and I have to be taught every single little part of a problem to be able to work it. Not a self motivator on math.. nope.. but anyway, heres is a sample of a problem that we did yesterday..

.7(3x+6)=1.1-(x+2)

Fun stuff.. and Jim writes small, and still had to hand in 5 pages to do probs 1-91 odd showing all work :) He is not a big fan of showing his work :)

In other news, Jim is discovering that he doesn't like math, and to finish a bach of science in computer science you need a TON of math.. so.. he might rethink the bach of arts route instead. It seems that he thinks somehow that changing his path now is a failure on his part... I am trying to get him to see that it isn't.... TONS of people declare a major and change it once, sometimes even more times than that, before they get their final degree. I think that he wants to teach computers, and I think that he will be great at that, but he also might have wanted to work at NASA, and I think you need the bach of science to be considered there. We will see how it all turns out, but I really have to say, I am so proud of my husband, he is wise, and smart, and he WILL finish college, even if some days it seems like he might not finish a class.. It's just that overwhelming feeling of learning so many new things all at the same time.... He IS smart, and he CAN do this... He just needs to know that for sure :):) like I do :)

Angel Chasse (again)

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Didn't know if you were aware, but your link is not posted on your profile anymore. Did you wish to not get blog comments anymore? If so, please forgive my leaving them.

~Deb

Angel Chasse said...

No, I definitely still want comments :)

Angel

Cindy said...

OK, seriously, what is the point? Algebra? Fun? I took so much math, with a tutor.....even got A's! Could I do that problem without a calculator? The answer would be NO WAY!

Dr. Deb said...

Angel,

Okay, when you click on your profile, it doesn't show your blog name. That will prevent people from finding you.

Hope you are doing well.

Regards,
Deb