9/02/2005

Angel and Katrina

I am going with the Red Cross down to Houston tomorrow. From there they will assign me to a post. I am told we won't be going yet into New Orleans, but I am willing to help wherever I can. I called my local red cross chapter, and let them know that I knew they needed cash right now, but that is not something I have.. what I do have is time, and a willingness to help. So, they got me into a class, and I did paperwork, and tomorrow I leave for Houston by plane. From there I will go to the staging area for more training/paperwork, and then to what will be my post. I am committed to them for 3 weeks, but who knows, if they need me, and I can handle it, I would love to stay longer.. but time will tell how that goes... I am so nervous, and so happy to be able to help all at the same time.. I know I will see and experience things there that I have never seen or experienced before, but all in all, I think it will make me a better person than I know how to be now. So if any of you out there reading this do not have any cash to give, let me be the first to tell you that they need volunteers. You don't have to go to Katrina, like I am doing, but the local chapters are flooded with work for volunteers as well. So if you don't have cash, but you have time.. consider it?
Here's to hoping that the people of the gulf coast start to get what they need... and soon..

Angel Chasse (again)
Friday night, 10:49 Central. From Home in Iowa

5 comments:

Lu said...

wow angel...i dont know what to say...

i am proud that you are going...it is something that i would do..if i were able...

be safe...and please let us know what is going on when you can....

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow I will add a link to www.jimandangel.com. There I will post any information I get from Angel. I will try to be as exact as I can.

I hope to have it up and running by tomorrow night. Please check as often as you like.
If you have any questions about what angel is doing, please email me: jim.chasse(@)gmail.com. I will try to respond the same day.

Good luck my love. I am so proud of you.

Jim

Dr. Deb said...

You are truly an *angel*.
Some of the greatest moments in my life have come from volunteering. My American Red Cross experiences were life changing in more ways that I can express. I wish you all the best as you lend your heart and your devotion to the ARC and the many people you will meet.

~Deborah

Mel said...

Bless you, this is a brave selfless thing you are doing.

Anonymous said...

www.jimandangel.com/katrina