3/25/2008

To Jim

Every once in a while, you hear a song, and it seems as if it was written about you and for you and even like you wrote it yourself... For me the most recent one is by

Rascal Flatts called.. Every Day

And I would dedicate every last word of this song to my husband, Jim
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



You could've bowed out gracefully
But you didn't
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn't

I drive myself crazy
Tryin' to stay out of my own way
The messes that I make

But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me

It's amazing to me
How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life

I come around all broken down and
crowded out and you're comfort

Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know


Sometimes I swear, I don't know if
I'm comin' or goin'
But you always say something
Without even knowin'


That I'm hangin' on to your words
With all of my might and it's alright
Yeah, I'm alright for one more night-

Every day, every day, every day
Every day, every day
You save me, you save me, oh, oh, oh
Every day
Every, every, every day-

Every day you save my life

2 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Gonna get this one on itunes so I can hear it and save it.

Jim said...

Thank you my love. I hope that you know in your heart and soul that it is you that saved me.