8/27/2007

What I have been doing?!

I haven't been doing a lot. Summertime.. for many it is the best part of the year..
For me, not so much. I do love that Jim is not in class, so we can do more together, but I am *NOT* a fan of the heat. Not in any way. About the only thing I can think of about summer I like.. well, 2 things... One is that we can swim in Lewis and Clark lake, in Yankton, SD.... number 2 is that I don't like to drive in the dark, so the days are longer and I can drive later :) ---- I know that many people probably think I am crazy loving the fall and winter, but lately, the snow has not been as often or as bad as I remember from when I was young, so I don't complain.. Top 10 things about fall/winter

1. Open windows in fall :)
2. Baking cookies and casseroles
3. Nice warm sweaters :)
4. Hot apple cider
5. Walks without sweating like swine :)
6. Brisk cool mornings and plenty of sunshine all day long
7. Curling up with Jim under a throw blanket to watch a movie :)
8. Pumpkins and pumpkin pie
9. Chili, soups, long cooking dishes and stuff all come back :)
10. I guess the top one for me would boil down to this... it is much easier to use a blanket, or put on a sweater to warm up, but much harder to cool down in summer!!

I can't wait until fall comes :):):) am I the only one? I will have to say goodbye to the lake and swimming and grilling, but hello to all of the things I mentioned in my top 10 :) bring it on :)

Thanks for reading :)

Angel Chasse (again)

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

Ooooo! Love the new look. I enjoy the Fall and Winter alot. And like your list verrrry much!