7/25/2006

My 28th Birthday.... and stuff

First off, Hi Dr Deb.... I'm keeping fudgy brownies and ice cold milk at all times in my blog lobby, for your visits :) Help yourself please :)

Ok, now... My husband...

He got me a very nice, very very nice birthday present. A 5 megapixel digital camera! Now, I am no photographer...but I need to become one. This thing does Sepia pictures, shots where you take a picture of a background, then of a person in front that same background, and it will impose it on there for you... yadda yadda, its a GREAT camera..

I should have taken over to my parent's house when my sister brought my niece down to celebrate her 1st birthday. But, I just got it that day, and it needed to charge.. so... I will flickr some of the "first cake" pictures soon :)

I hate to say it, but almost better than the camera, was that I was under the impression that the flat panel monitor we got was my birthday present, and I thought (still think) it is great... but no, Jim said that I deserved to have a non "household" item that was just for me... that was cool :) And, the ultra mushy, made me cry card that went with it was probably the best of all of it. So, surprise, great card, camera, mug with teddy bear in it.... what can get better than that right? WELL, its not even my birthday, so it was EARLY :):):)

Now, I will admit that there have been plenty of years that Jim and I couldn't, for whatever reason, buy each other lavish gifts for our birthdays, but sometimes, it really is nice to get something that you have been wanting, but something that semed a little out of your reach :) THANKS JIM :):):)

But, on a different note, I will be 28 on my birthday, August 4th. I am a bit upset, because in my plans in my head, I would have had one (or two) children that were like, probably 5 to 8 years old.... well folks, that just did not happen. The more and more that I obsess over this topic, the more and more I have settled with the fact that I really need to just accept the fact that I will not be giving birth to or having children, and enjoy life as it is right now. I know, I know.. it could happen, we could adopt...all of those things.. but really, sometimes I think it is better to just accept the cold hard facts, and find a way to move on from it. Well, I am not a success story like that yet, but I am working on it. I will let ya know how it turns out (not sure who the ya is that I referenced there) LOL

In other news, my sister did come down this past Friday, and things were very nice. Visiting with her was great. I know that she was holding her tongue at times, but I hope that the experience was nice for her as well.

One of my best friends had her 2nd child, and her son shares now a birthday with my niece :) I thought that was very spiffy...

Let's see.. what else? Oh not much. Looking for a used car, as ours is about shot.. not fun to do, not fun for me anyway... :) Looking at new cars that you can't afford... now THAT can take hours and hours away from your day ;) :):)

Thanks for reading :)

Angel (again)

3 comments:

Angel Chasse said...

An aside... this was my quote of the day, the day I posted ...

Age is an issue of
mind over
matter. If you
don't mind, it
doesn't matter.

Mark Twain

American humorist, writer and lecturer. 1835-1910

And of course, my Google Ad once I posted was "What kind of mom are you" ------- such is life....


Angel (again)

Dr. Deb said...

Yummy yummy, brownies and ice cold milk.

The Mark Twain quote is perfect.

I know you have been wanting a camera, even asking Rosie about it. So glad you got a really great one! Can't wait to see your new photos, the sepia ones too!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
-- Deb

Anonymous said...

ah geez...better late than never i suppose...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!