1/24/2006

What is Art?

Tuesday Jan 24th 2006

Jim is taking art apreciation this semester.
I hate art.. I shouldn't really say I hate art. I hate things I am not good at, and things I don't understand :) LOL --
I am not "artsy" I must have a more analytical mind than I thought. I don't really "get" what stuff is sometimes in art. I guess that is probably normal, but I really would rather see a photograph of a person or a landscape or a lighthouse, than an inventive art project anyday.. We went to the local art center, and of the 100+ pieces they had there, I probably would have only chosen like 6 of them to own, or have in my home. The funny thing is that many of the ones that I did like, look more like patterns from Windows desktop backgrounds :) :) :)

Let's see, I havent blogged in a while, what is new?
Jim (mostly) and I are on a "diet" of sorts... Mostly just exercising portion control, and trying to drink diet soda or drinks, and keep to between 1000 and 1500 calories per day. It is not as hard and sucky as I thought it would be, the only thing that I really miss is that I don't have cake or cookies, or sweets around all the time.. not that I need them, but that seems to be what I crave.. and of course, anything carbs :)
I would recommend portion-controlled eating to anyone .... who is not doing it already... it is amazing to me when you follow the labels on stuff, and eat just one portion's worth, how much you really can eat in a day and still maintain low calories. It is just that before, Jim and I would make a ton of food, and eat it all.. Now we try to make the equivalent of one portion per person of each thing... the portions ARE a lot smaller, but most times, we feel full, and aren't feeling too deprived.. Now I just need to incorporate a WHOLE LOT of exersise into the routine... I hate that... :)


Angel Chasse (again)

1 comment:

Lu said...

i gotta say that i like the whole art thing...

and way to go on the diet...i am right there with you on that one...ugh