9/26/2008

Please Vote!

I don't really like to get all political with anyone but my husband.. cuz, well I sometimes find it wrong,annoying,irritating and just generally messed up to hear others rant and rave about their views.

What I do want to say in this blog post is please VOTE. VOTE for whomever (whoever?) you feel is best qualified, but please cast your ballot. Elections in this country have been closer as of late than I think many people think that they really are.

Jim and I both cast our early ballots last Wednesday. I take great pride in the fact that this is one very important but very easy thing that I have the privilege of doing since I am a United States citizen. I know many many many people who don't vote. I hope that I can convince them to take the nation up on its open offer to have a stake in this election, and all the ones to come. I hear a lot of reasons why my friends and family members DON'T vote. Things like.. I don't understand the cantdidates...I don't feel educated enough to choose between these two... I voted back in the election between (x and y candidate) and then look how that turned out.. etc etc...

Please don't let these things stop you from voicing your opinion with your vote. There is a debate on all of the free tv stations starting in about an hour tonight. Watch it, study the candidates in the local paper, online, in person if you can make it to a rally... just take some time.. I really think that anyone who does this, and in the end (November 4th) casts their vote proudly for the person that THEY feel will best lead our country in these panicky, rough timese .. I think that they will feel good about that decision, and proud that they did what they could do to shape the future of our country...

*gets off of soapbox*

Ok.... so.. Thanks for reading this post, and I hope that everyone that is legally able to vote that reads this blog post GOES OUT AND VOTES :):) Happy Friday to all...

PS.. .voting is not painful. Most polling places don't even allow campaigning of any type within 100 feet of the polling place so you shouldn't even be hassled when you go!!!


my two cents..

Angel

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

Gotta vote. Always!