5/11/2008

What have I been doing?

Not a lot. Really, not a lot :)

I am super excited that Jimbo was granted summer work/study, so he doesn't have to find a McJob in the McHeat of summer :) He will be in the air conditioning thank goodness.

We have been riding our bikes almost every day, and most days 4 miles or more, up to about 11 miles for me, and about 20 miles for Jimbo. I hope that all of this exercising and trying to eat better pays off for me soon, but I am glad to report that it is working gangbusters for Jimbo! Down nearly 30 pounds! WOO HOO!!

I notice that we notice the weather more now that we use our bicycles... wind plays a role big time in me wanting to ride vs not wanting to ride! Jim will ride no matter what, but I am more picky :)

We planted 4 bel pepper plants out front of our apartment in a big pot, so I hope that I have a thumb at least green enough to have them make fruit :) :) With bell peppers here costing 88 cents each, it would be great to buy a plant for 1.50 that will bear 10 fruits over the summer season :) :) If this goes well, we will get a community garden plot next summer!! We live with in a half mile of the plots, so we could ride our bikes everyday to check the progress of our plants. :)

In other news, it is Mother's Day tomorrow. I sometimes have a hard time with this holiday as I am not a Mother, and I wish more than anything that I was. I tried to focus my energies this year on smothering my own Mom with cards etc, and friends that I know that are great Moms as well... but it is still a day of a bit of sadness for me. And a day of sadness for a great friend of mine that just very recently lost her own Mother. So I always try to keep in mind to say a special prayer for those that are a little bit unhappy on this particular holiday. But.....A salute to all of you that I know that are Mothers! It truly is the toughest job in the world, and it is the one that probably comes with the least amount of credit :) Thanks! I know that I have a WONDERFUL Mom, and I wish that all others could have one so great!

So, to sum up... haha.. not that I ramble... Jim got work study so he will be busy working at the school in the gym this summer... we hope to get a paddle boat to take on a nearby lake.. I will be turning 30 this August... let me see.. have I forgotten anything? Oh, we hope to hit up lots of garage sales for great deals on things we didn't even know we needed :) :)

If you read this post, then a red tulip is yours :)

Love,
Angel

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

Anywhere I work has to have climate control too!!