4/07/2008

Cilantro....spring!


This is a picture of one of my cilantro plants sprouting :):):):

Hey, I planted some corriander (cilantro) seeds, about 20 of them or so, and 5 are starting to sprout... they have only been planted a bit over two weeks.. I am so excited. It is more like I am a happy new mama than just a happy gardener. I don't grow things. I do not have a green thumb...at all... but here we go. Just some one dollar starter soil stuff from Walmart, and a packet of seeds.. a little watering and some sun... wooo hoo.. look what nature made with my help!!!

I do understand that my reaction to this is so.. third grade.. but.. I can't help myself :) :)

There is a community garden here in vermillion, and I intend to get info on what goes on there, so that we can grow some hot peppers and some bell peppers. I figure a packet of seeds could make a big bell pepper plant, and they are pretty expensive in the stores, so why not try our hand at growing them ourselves? I hope it works out.. we have no place to put pots out here, but hopefully on our bikes we can go by and check on things that we plant in the community garden :) I am excited... and though they are talking of snow this thursday and friday, I am not hurt by that, since all I have planted so far is my cilantro, and it is indoors by a window with sun :)

Ok, I guess that is all for now, just wanted to share my little slice of spring with you guys. I figured that after all the gloomy dark blogs, I could and should certainly share my good news :)

Happy Springtime all!!!

Angel

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

I love Cilantro.

Nothing here has sprouted yet. Even the daffodils are hesitant!